How long does a Dismissed Misdemeanor stays on record? 11 Answers as of May 27, 2013

I was dismissed on sale of alcohol to underage person in December 2002. How long does that record stay? Can I request expungement?

If it was dismissed then it is not on you record. The important record is the one of CONVICTIONS.
Expungement is not the proper word, but you can have it removed.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Information about expungement is available on the forms tab for District Court at mdcourts.gov.
If it was dismissed, why would you need an expungement?
Forever.
    The Lariscy Law Firm, PC
    The Lariscy Law Firm, PC | Joseph E. Lariscy, III
    A dismissed charge will stay on your criminal record forever, unless you apply to have it expunged. There are a few factors to consider regarding a dismissed charge and whether or not it is eligible for expungement. I would recommend contacting an attorney that handles expungements for more information. My office handles expungements, and would be happy to assist you.
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    If a case is dismissed it should appear as that on any record, in which case it cannot be used against you since there was no conviction. You can only expunge convictions.
    Mark Rollins | Mark Rollins
    Yes you can request expungement of your record. You should check the DC Superior Court website to see if your name is actually listed before requesting expungement.
    Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    In Minnesota this would stay on your record forever, you can apply for an expungement. Contact an attorney near you to discuss the details of your case.
    If the charge was dismissed there is no criminal conviction record. It may be that there is a record of your arrest and the court proceeding, but it is not a conviction.
    Law Offices of Pari Sheth LLC
    Law Offices of Pari Sheth LLC | Pari Sheth
    The charge once dismissed has to be expunged for it to be cleared; REMEMBER however that the arrest will stay on the record.