How long does the cops have to charge you with a DUI after an accident? 11 Answers as of December 18, 2013

I was driving a friend's car and crashed in to a tree but haven't heard anything from the cops.

Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Usually two years from the date of crash.
They have up to six years from the date of the offense. If they determine your blood alcohol level from a blood draw, it can take up to a year for the results to come back from the State Police labs. That could be the reason for the delay. I would suggest you be proactive and at least consult with an experienced DUI attorney in your area now.
Jonathan Blecher, P.A.
Jonathan Blecher, P.A. | Jonathan Blecher
The statute of limitations for a DUI with property damage is 2 years from the date if the incident. That means the state must file the charges and serve you with a summons to appear before that time.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
They have one year.
The officers have up to two years (statute of limitations).