How long does an infraction stay on the record in California? 4 Answers as of April 12, 2013

I received an infraction for serving alcohol to a minor in California in 2002. The citation was originally for a misdemeanor but was reduced to an infraction and a fine. I am now living in Australia and applying for a liquor license to start my own business. The liquor license questionnaire asks if I have been found guilty of any offense in Australia or overseas. Would the infraction that I received in 2002 still be on my record? Should I disclose it?

I don't know how Australia would find out about an infraction of this sort in California. Normally in the US such questions pertain to felonies and misdemeanors only so I do not know what the question actually calls for. You should use your own judgment or contact a criminal attorney in Australia.
Records are forever. They do no disappear with time. See previous response.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You need to consult an Australian lawyer.
LynchLaw
LynchLaw | Michael Thomas Lynch
Disclosure is typically the best policy. If you do not disclose it may come back to haunt you. I would hate to make investments based on a license only to lose the license for hiding a mere infraction. Just inform them of a 2002 conviction on an infraction. They may not waste any further time investigating for a simple infraction.