How long does an appeal take for a visa petition? 3 Answers as of November 08, 2010

I filled out a visa petition for my brother but it was denied. I want to appeal it. How long does the appeal process take?

An appeal can be filed of your visa petition denial, through a motion to reopen with the Board of Immigration Appeals, if filed within 90 days after the day of the official order by Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS). While there are other appeal routes, this is the normal one, and it can be reviewed all over again, or *de novo*. If you want to discuss your case further, by all means e-mail or call, and we'll set up an in-person or telelphone consultation. Best to you.
Without knowing the specifics of your case and the reasons for the denial it would not be possible for me to advise. If you want to contact me directly to review the case in detail, please feel free to contact me.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Generally speaking, it will take approximately 6 months in order to go through the appeal process.