How long do you have to file a law suit for destruction of property vandalism? 9 Answers as of June 06, 2013

My car was vandalized in 2007 and the person never finish paying me my money for over $1500 in car damages. So I wanted to know if I can file for the rest of my money right now or is it too late?

File a small claims action on the matter.
It's probably too late to file a lawsuit for the damage to your car since there is a 3 year statute of limitations. However, depending on how you and the person who damaged your car came to an agreement for payment and when (s)he stopped paying, you may be able to sue on the breach of the agreement.
You need to consult with an attorney who practices before the civil courts for an answer to that. Consult one in the State where the case should be filed, as different states have different statutes of limitations for tort actions.
IT Forensics, Inc.
IT Forensics, Inc. | Christopher K. Steuart
You may have a statue of limitations problem if you frame this a destruction event, but if you frame it as a contract upon which the person made payments, you may have 3 years (if no writing) or 6 years (if you have a writing) from the writing or the last payment made. This is as every situation is in the law, fact dependent.
Sorry, it is to late.
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    The statute of limitations for breach of contract (such as violation of a settlement agreement) is six years. Depending upon when this person agreed to pay the damages, it might not be too late. You should file a claim immediately in small claims court.
    Too late.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Too late.
    It depends on the time the last payment on the obligation. Seek counsel, this is getting so old that you may be at or past the statute of limitations for bringing a suit.