How long do I wait to get the default hearing for my divorce after my spouse filed the entry of appearance waiver? Posted on July 18, 2011

I filed the divorce petition on March. At first my spouse agree to sign the marital settlement agreement and file the entry of appearance waiver and consent. So I didn't serve her the summon. But then she changed her mind and refused to sign the settlement agreement for me. However, she filed the entry of appearance and waiver without the consent part at the end of June. After that she just disappear and doesn't contact me back. I want to finish my divorce very soon. What can I do next? Can I still try to get the default hearing if she doesn't respond? How long I have to wait?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: