How long do I wait for my jet ski to be repossessed? 6 Answers as of July 14, 2011

I filed chapter 7 two yrs. ago the main reason for the bankruptcy was my jet ski, couldn't afford payments so my case got discharged, but my jet ski hasn't been repossessed, how long do I have to wait so it can be picked up, what other choice do I have? What can I do since I can't register it with DMV.

Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
I suggest that you call the lender and offer to have them pick up the jet ski.
Who said you can't register it with the DMV? Get it registered and insured. Summer is here. Have a good time. It is up the creditor to make arrangements to pick it up. Until they do you can use it.
CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE).
CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANCE COALITION, INC. (DE). | Gary Lee Lane
If they planned on taking it they should have by now. However, they may wait 5 years.
Make arrangements with the creditor to pick up the jet ski. You may want to attempt a settlement.
Bird & VanDyke, Inc.
Bird & VanDyke, Inc. | David VanDyke
These types of assets generally bring very little at auction. Depending on the age and condition of the jet ski they may never pick it up. You may be able to buy it from the bank for pennies on the dollar. You probably need to contact them to see if they want to pick it up. This is a fairly typical problem.
    Greifendorff Law Office
    Greifendorff Law Office | John Greifendorff
    Contact the lender, tell them to pick it up. If they don't, start sending them bills for storage and if they don't pay sue them in small claims court.