How long do I wait for my drivers license after a DUI in another state? 3 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I am currently in Florida and thinking of moving to Colorado. I have completed each component of my sentence here in Florida and am no longer on probation. My question pertains to the time with which my license is suspended. Here in Florida it is 5 years, I would have another 4 to go. In Colorado, as far as I know, they only suspend the license for 12 months on the second DUI. If I moved to Colorado, would they uphold the Florida ruling of 4 more years, would I immediately be able to drive in Colorado since it has already been over 12 months, or would I have to wait a year until I can get my in state in Colorado? Thank you

Jonathan S. Willett Attorney at Law
Jonathan S. Willett Attorney at Law | Jonathan S. Willett
On the Colo. Drivers license application, they ask if you are suspended in another state. The best way to get advice on this issue is to go straight to the DMV at 1881 Pierce St. in Lakewood, CO.
Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
You would have to be able to get your Florida license before you can get one in Colorado.
Anderson & Carnahan
Anderson & Carnahan | Stephen Anderson
In Colorado you may be eligible after serving one year without a license.