How long do I need to wait to get married again if my spouse recently passed away? 8 Answers as of July 21, 2011

Is there a legal statement that tells me when I can get re-married if my spouse has recently passed away? Or does it not matter? Thank you.

Law Office of Daniel B. Rubanowitz, APC
Law Office of Daniel B. Rubanowitz, APC | Daniel B. Rubanowitz
Without worrying about what others may think, if your spouse passes away, there is no law preventing you from getting married again. However, before you do, there may also some important financial issues to consider. For example, your remarriage may impact your ability to obtain derivative social security benefits, inheritance and/or possibly a pension. You should consult with a family law attorney and a probate attorney before getting married again. Good luck.
You can get re-married as soon as you get a marriage license. There is no waiting period if your wife died.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
There is no waiting period in California after one spouse dies to permit you to remarry. This means you are free to legally remarry another person anytime after your current spouse dies.
There's no waiting period.
You can remarry immediately after the death of a spouse. You should wait until the Certified Copy of the Death Certificate is available. You should also consider issues such as "rebounding", the effect on children, your assets and Will, etc. It would be prudent to wait, and thendate, for an extended period of time prior to considering remarriage.
    Law Offices of Sheryl S. Graf
    Law Offices of Sheryl S. Graf | Sheryl S. Graf
    Your marital status is immediately terminated upon the death of your spouse. There is no waiting period. You are free to remarry.
    Law Office of Patricia Van Haren
    Law Office of Patricia Van Haren | Patricia Van Haren
    There is no waiting period for remarriage. You may get remarried at any time after your spouse passes away.
    There are no legal waiting period requirements before you can remarry after your spouse has died. This choice is controlled by your own personal desires and any social or religious considerations that may have meaning to you.