How long do I have to wait to apply for my second husband to get his papers? 8 Answers as of June 11, 2012

I applied for my first husband 3 years ago in new jersey,we recently got divorced and I remarried and moved to chicago,i was wondering how long do I have to wait to apply for his papers

Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
It can be done right away, but there maybe a issue with the bonafide with marriage.
If your divorce is finalized, which I am assuming it is, you can apply for you second husband immediately. You will, however, need to show the U.S.C.I.S. your final divorce decree. The U.S.C.I.S. may question your first husband's and present husband's marriage and you may need documentation showing that both marriages were bona-fide and not merely for immigration purposes. I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney in Chicago to advise you and guide you through the process.
Chaudhary Law Office, PLLC
Chaudhary Law Office, PLLC | Satveer S. Chaudhary
There is no set time that you must wait to apply for your new husband's green card. However, the immigration service will examine your new marriage to see if it is bona fide. This is especially so because of your recent green card through marriage. You may consider waiting a period of time to accumulate evidence of your new marriage's bona fide status. Joint bank accounts, joint bill, credit cards, life insurance, wills, change of name, lease or mortgage, pictures, vacation receipts are all examples of proof that you live the life of a normal married couple. Also be prepared in the interview for questions about your personal lives such as family friends, details about vacations, living arrangements (even d'cor). If you are at all concerned you may want to consult an attorney before applying. Best of luck!
There is no bar to when you can petition for a spouse so long as you did not get your status through a marriage-based immigration case. You can petition for your new spouse as soon as your divorce is finalized and you have remarried. However, keep in mind that USCIS will likely look into this marriage very closes to ensure that you are not engaging in immigration fraud. Petitioners who have married and petitioned for aliens in the past typically have their cases scrutinized. You will need to be prepared to explain and demonstrate both marriages were bona fide. You would be best advised to retain an experienced immigration attorney to assist you with this matter.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
You don't have to wait before filing for your new husband.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
    There is no minimum waiting time to file an application for a subsequent spouse. Note, however, that the USCIS can be expected to apply a heightened level of scrutiny to evidence of the bona fide nature of BOTH marriages, and it would be wise to engage an immigration attorney to help assure that you and your second husband have appropriate documentary evidence.
    Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
    Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC | Hassan Elkhalil
    You can file an immediate family petition for your husband any time after the divorce. However, this time the burden is high to proof the good faith of the marriage; be ready to submit many supporting documents to show the good faith of the marriage.
    Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
    You basically have to satisfy the residency requirements prior to applying for your husband.