How long do I have to wait for my discharge papers and can I finance a car before I receive my papers? 7 Answers as of August 18, 2015

I filed bankruptcy chapter 7 in April but I have a court date for June.

This looks like an old post. Wait to buy the car, I can't imagine anyone giving you a decent interest rate while you are in bankruptcy.
The discharge is normally received about 75 to 80 days after the creditors' meeting. Yes, you can buy a car now (I know nothing about your file, so this answer is assuming you have a standard chapter 7 filing, and there were NO issues in your case).
It takes 90 to 120 days to get a discharge in chapter 7, assuming there are not objections. You can finance a car before then if the finance company will let you.
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
Papers take about 9 weeks and yes you can go ahead and get a new car if it is a Chapter 7.
You will get your discharge 60 days after court date.
    It generally takes about 90 days from the day your file your petition to the granting of the discharge. You can probably seek to finance a car even before you get the discharge, but it's best to wait until after. From the months you identify, this sounds like a very stale question.
    Sure would have helped if you had explained what your court date in June was about. If it was your 341 meeting with the trustee, that is not a court date. But you should be eligible for your discharge soon. Why don?t you read your B9A form from the court? Under the section marked deadlines it will indicate a date that any creditors must meet to object to your discharge. Once that date passes, the clerk may enter your discharge at any time. As to financing the purchase of a car, that is a decision the lender must make. The bankruptcy court does not care if you finance the purchase of a car before or after you receive a chapter 7 discharge.