How long do I have to wait for an expungement? 4 Answers as of July 29, 2011

Original charge in 99 rearrested for v.o.p in July of 03 September 03 given 1 year probation. March 2004 given early release how long do I have to wait for expungement? I'm a college student with two degrees and working on my bachelors so I need this taken care of. What do you think my chances of success are? thank you very much

The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
Dear Sir/Madam - As far as time goes, you should be eligible now to have it sealed. It is a two step process, you have to have it sealed first, then you have to wait 10 years before you can have it expunged. In order to be eligible for it to be sealed, the Court must have withheld adjudication in your case. If they did not withhold adjudication of guilt then you will not be able to have it sealed or expunged. Your paper when you entered your plea should have stated whether adjudication was withheld. If you qualify and need a lawyer to do it for you and your case is in the Tampa Bay area, I charge $1,000 to do a case like yours.
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick | Karen Kilpatrick
There is no waiting period. So long as you're not currently under court supervision, you can begin the process as soon as you're ready, assuming you're eligible.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
If it is a state crime there is no minimum time, you have to complete all terms of your sentencing. If it was a federal charge it cannot be done at this time as the government never funded the law allowing for this.