How long do I have to wait before I can sponsor someone else? 3 Answers as of June 15, 2011

I sponsor my ex husband after we married. I am a us citizen. But we separate after he have his green card in 2009. Now I wanted to get married again and sponsor someone else. How long do I have to wait?

Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
You can sponsor someone else as soon as you are divorced and married to your current fiance. But your salary has to be high enough. Meet with a lawyer to go over details.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
There is no time requirement. The quicker you remarry the more scrutiny the new marriage will receive. You should hire an attorney to help with the proofs.
There is not time limit as to when you can sponsor again. However, marrying twice within short period of time and applying for immigration visa raises big red flag. Your case will be under scrutiny for sure. We suggest you to hire a lawyer to represent your case. You are welcome to contact us. Good luck!