How long do I have to sue a hotel for breaking my tablet? 1 Answers as of May 20, 2016

The bellhop/porter assisting me with my luggage broke my tablet. Did not see this until I returned home from a long trip. I did go back to the hotel and filed a security report about what had happened. They stated they would comp my room and replace my tablet. I did not hear back within 30 days and disputed the hotel bill. Their insurance company never did contact me and the hotel denies responsibility. Can I sue them? How long do I have to find a personal injury attorney or take the hotel to small claims court?

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
The short answer is two years. The lesson is to get any promise in writing. The easiest way to accomplish this is to get the person's email and send an email of the format "Please allow this to confirm your agreement ."