How long do I have to remain at my job after getting a Green Card? 3 Answers as of February 21, 2011

Is it true that if you change jobs immediately after getting a green card then you might get problems during citizenship process? After how long can we change current job after we get a green card from our current employer?

There isn't a magic number. You can always change jobs if you have a good reason (spouse accepted a job in another state, better job opportunity, more opportunities for advancement, more money, etc). Only issue that might come up at citizenship is your intent to work for the green card employer; but if you worked there for awhile prior to the GC this shouldn't be an issue; if you didn't I would think twice about leaving right after GC. If you would like a consultation on the facts of your specific case feel free to contact me as indicated below.

I do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for services after the consultation.
Actually you can change job after I140 is approved. You are fine.
There is no set period of time that you must remain at the job. When applying for your Green Card based on employment sponsorship you must intend to work for the petitioner upon approval of your Green Card. Failure to do so, or working for a short period of time could lead the USCIS to believe you never intended to work for the petitioner. This frequently comes up when filing for Naturalization when the USCIS asks about your employment history. It then becomes grounds to deny your Naturalization and the USCIS could try to take away your Green Card alleging you committed fraud.