How long do I have to be married to a citizen to get a green card? 2 Answers as of April 18, 2011

I want to get married with my boyfriend but I am afraid that me being an immigrant can affect our marriage and our life.

This depends on whether you came in with inspection? That is to say, whether you are overstaying or you crossed the border. If you overstay, you will have a chance to get green card if you can prove your marriage was not entered into for invading immigration law. Remember, merely a marriage certificate will not satisfy immigration requirement. Good luck!
I am not sure I understand what you are asking me. But let me answer it this way. If you marry a USC, then the law will consider your marriage a "good faith" marriage after 2 years. So, upon marrying a USC, you will receive a 2-year Conditional Green Card that you will have to renew for a 10-year green card providing you are still married to the USC or that you have a compelling reason why the renewal is warranted if the marriage has already ended. I hope this helps. Good luck!