How long do I have to be married to be entitled to 50% of everything? 3 Answers as of October 15, 2014

How long do I have to be married to be entitled to 50% of everything in Las Vegas? My fiancé is very abusive, I want to marry him and divorce him and kick him out of our house that has both of our names on the title.

Law Offices of Jill K. Whitbeck
Law Offices of Jill K. Whitbeck | Jill K. Whitbeck
You are only entitled to 1/2 of what is acquired DURING the marriage. Getting married does not entitle you to half of anything your spouse had before marriage. If both your names are on the title to a home now, as joint tenants, then it is presumed you have equal rights to the home outside of marriage. But keep in mind that you have no power to kick him out simply because your name is on title or in the event of a divorce. Rather, it is more likely you would both have to move out, sell the house, and split the proceeds.
Willick Law Group
Willick Law Group | Marshal S. Willick
Your question is odd; if I understand you correctly, it does not work that way. You don't say what "everything" is - if both names are on title to a house, it is already presumptively jointly-owned property, but depending on how it got that way, and where the money came from, that might not be the result.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
A long time for community property to accumulate.