How long can I get a Chapter 7 bankruptcy off my credit report? 11 Answers as of May 20, 2015

How long will it take to get a Chapter 7 bankruptcy off my credit report if I file for bankruptcy in 2014?

The credit bureaus are allowed to report your bankruptcy for up to 10 years. However, since most creditors make lending decisions based on your FICO score, few actually will see your bankruptcy. So work to improve that FICO and don?t be concerned about the bankruptcy notation on your consumer credit. Few lenders will see it when you apply for credit after a couple of years.
You can't. It will be deleted after 10 years. In the meantime, be extra meticulous about paying every single one of your bills (rent, utilities, etc.) ON TIME, and your credit score will steadily increase. The bankruptcy will become more or less irrelevant long before ten years pass. Good Luck.
It will be there for 10 years, but you can recover long berfore that. House payments and car payments help. You can get a secured card an use it wisely. That will help.
Seven years.
Seven years, maybe ten years.
    Tokarska Law Center
    Tokarska Law Center | Kathryn U. Tokarska
    BK stays on credit for 10 years, but it's impact lessens with each passing year. Most lenders are willing to provide a home mortgage loan 3 years post BK assuming the prospective borrower can afford the sought after mortgage payments.
    The Orantes Law Firm
    The Orantes Law Firm | Giovanni Orantes
    While the fact that you filed for bankruptcy relief usually stays on your consumer credit reports for ten years under their own internal policies and can be reported under federal law for 11, its impact on your credit rating starts decreasing quickly after the filing. The reason for that is that your credit rating is weighted with time. In other words, as time passes, the weight of the fact that you filed for bankruptcy filing decreases in importance. After you file for bankruptcy relief, you quickly get offers for credit cards which have low limits initially but grow quickly over time. Some of my clients have reported having over 600 credit scores and over $1,500 in availability on credit cards within about one year. In addition, a lot of car dealers will get you funded for a car loan as early as the day you get your discharge, which is usually about 4 months after the day you file your petition as long as you have a steady income, of course. As for a house loan, Fanniemae and Freddiemac require that two years have passed after your petition to buy loans from banks, which in turns makes banks lend for houses after two years from your petition.
    10 years.
    Bankruptcies will normally appear in your record for 10 years.
    10 years its on for informational purposes.
    Wink & Wink
    Wink & Wink | Gigi Wink
    10 years.