How long can a Family Court Judge won't rule? 3 Answers as of October 17, 2013

90 days post hearing on exceptions to report of magistrate. Defendant did not present argument. Child support arrears accrue with delinquency reported by the court clerk. Filed a memorandum of disposition one week ago and still no response from the judge. I asked for status conference and the judge denies. What can I do if the judge does not rule? Can I ask the Chief Justice to intervene? My ex is $16,000 in arrears and I am in Miami-Dade County.

Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Rules of Judicial Administration set time limits on judges decision. This is probably over the limit. Rules say complain to the Judicial Qualifications Commission, remedy is a new trial before a new judge.
McGuire Law Offices | John Smitten
Some judges are quicker than others. Contact the court ask the status of the court's ruling.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
The thing to do is hire counsel. Judges frequently take their time in ruling on family issues, but they can be reversed on appeal. There would be a different result if an attorney asks for a status conference and submits a proposed order.