How long before my fiance can come back to the United State? 3 Answers as of August 23, 2011

My boyfriend is going to be deported anytime soon due to his case back in 2009 for possession of firearms inside the house his been permanent resident of US since 1991. Now that were having a baby I am desperate to bring him back to US. Since I am a US citizen what are the chances if I petition him for a fiance visa and how long will it take before he can re-enter US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
If he is still in the US, contact an immigration attorney asap. If you marry him and he is still in court proceeding, there might be a way to save him provided that the crime is not an aggravated felony.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/23/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
It will depend on the exact criminal charge against him. Is there a reason he did not file for citizenship in the last twenty years?
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/3/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You will need to file a waiver also. I just had a Fiance visa approved in my office that took 2 months to get approved
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: