How long before my boyfriend can come to the US? 8 Answers as of July 27, 2011

if I marry my boyfriend in mexico how long before he can come to america? We have been together for 2 years now?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
To bring a U.S. citizen spouse usually takes about a year. A fiance visa is faster by several months.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
If you are a US citizen, and your boyfriend did not have any previous immigration violation, usually he can come to the US around 9 months.
If he has never been in the US illegally, it takes around 4-8 months for him to come on a fiance visa. If you get married in Mexico, it will take around 12 months.
If you get married and you are a US citizen, he will qualify for the K-3 visa for the spouse of a US citizen. It takes about 6 months for the K approval and about 1 month for visa issuance, but that time varies from consulate to consulate.
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
Are you a United States citizen? If so, you may have several options depending on a several factors with regard to yourself and your boyfriend. You may want to apply for your boyfriend to get a K-1 visa and get married in the US. Without more facts specific to your case, it is difficult to provide you with a detailed answer. Feel free to contact me directly if you have other questions. Best wishes.