How long before I get child support from my divorce case? 5 Answers as of June 03, 2011

After I file for divorce how soon can I get spousel support and child support for my two kids?

Immediately. If you are in my area, please contact me for a free consultation.
Nothing is automatic. You will have to file and serve an Order to Show Cause for Child Custody, Child Support, Spousal Support, and Attorney's fees, and depending on the calendaring in your county's courts, the hearing may be set 4 weeks away or later. You would best retain an experienced Family Law Attorney to represent you.
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law
Edwin Fahlen Attorney at Law | Edwin Fahlen
You can make an application as soon as the case is filed. There is no reason to wait.
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
You can file an OSC for child and spousal support, which usually take placed within 45 days. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
You can make a request right away for temporary spousal support and child support. You don't need to wait. In fact, you can file a motion to establish such support at the same time you file the divorce petition and related papers.