How long before I can be released from jail? 8 Answers as of August 04, 2011

I found out today my wife was sentenced on 6/14/11 for a domestic violence warrant been in since 6/10/11. Now I talked to the da today and found out that the 180 days is for a probation violation because see when she got that domestic violence case, she caught another case in el monte for the same thing and see when she went to court the judge violated her for having that case. So my question is out of that 180 days for the violation how long will she do her release date? On line it says 9/30/11 please help me

Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
It depends on several factors.
Law Offices of Scott Tibbedeaux
Law Offices of Scott Tibbedeaux | Scott Tibbedeaux
She would end up doing 120 days.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
In general in California if you are sentenced to county jail for any reason you will do 2/3rds of the sentence. In this case your wife would do 120 days out of a 180 sentence. However, if she is in LA County Jail that county is often very "impacted" and often a person does not do the entire sentence and are released early.
It depends on when the crime was committed. If before Sept. 2010, it would be one half the time, after that she would have to serve two thirds of the sentence.
Law Office of Andrew Roberts
Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
Because of overcrowding she will probably be released in 18-25 days.
    Women usually do less than 10% of the actual sentence, due to there only being 1 county jail for women.
    The online release date is your starting reference point. It should be updated by the jail if the actual release date is changed or determined, taking into account the normal good time reduction. It is up to the jail to compute. The only thing you can do is politely contact the jail to inquire about release date and whether there are any other holds on her for court cases or warrants. If she faces additional charges in court [your post was not clear on that], then you will have to wait to see what they add to her time.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    The max she will do is 2/3s of the 180 or 120. The more likely result based on Baca Time in Los Angeles, is that she'll do about 18 days or less.