How long is the auto collision statute of limitations if I live in Illinois? 6 Answers as of April 19, 2011

I was in a crash last year, and have several injuries. Can I still hire an attorney to help me make a claim?

Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
Yes, you can. As a general rule you have 2 years from the date of injury to file a suit.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
The statute of limitations in Illinois for negligence matters, including auto collision cases, is two years from the date of the accident. This means that within that time frame you must file suit against the parties responsible for causing the collision or you will be barred from making a claim against them in the future. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your case in further detail.
Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
Yes you can. You have 2 years from the date of the accident in which to file a lawsuit. However, you may not need to file a lawsuit but may need to hire an attorney to represent you against the insurance company. I encourage you to contact our office to discuss your actual case.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
Illinois has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury actions. So, if you were injured last year, you still have time to file a lawsuit. You should consult an attorney to help you.
    Willens Law Offices
    Willens Law Offices | Matthew Willens
    Generally, the statute of limitations is two years, but shorter or longer limits may apply. I would suggest you contact a personal injury attorney immediately to, at a minimum, figure out the correct date that the statute of limitations will run.