How long after my green card can I get citizenship? 4 Answers as of May 04, 2011

How many years after I get a green card through marriage can I apply for citizenship? What if we are getting a divorce after being married for 2 and a half years?

3 years if you are still married at the time of your citizenship interview and 5 years otherwise. Good luck!
If you got your Green Card through marriage and are still living together you can apply for Naturalization after 3 years. If you are married, but NOT living together, then you cannot file for 5 years. Under both circumstances you can file 90 days before the 3 or 5 years anniversary.
Through marriage, you can naturalize 2yrs 9months after becoming a resident.
Devore Law Group, P.A.
Devore Law Group, P.A. | Jeffrey A. Devore
Normally you must be a lawful permanent resident for 5 years before you can apply for naturalization. However, if you are married to a United States Citizen and leaving in marital union with your citizen spouse (i.e. actually living together as husband and wife and not just married on paper) you can apply after being a resident for 3 years. In either situation the application can be filed 90 days in advance of your eligibility date.