How long after marriage before I can petition for immigration? 3 Answers as of September 24, 2010

Is there a waiting period after marriage for when a US citizen can petition and file immigration paperwork?

I have received your e-mail. The short answer is that your spouse can petition for you now. Once the marriage license is filed with the appropriate authority, you can begin the immigration petition process. But there are important things to do to make the U.S. State Departments National Visa Center convinced that you have a valid, not a sham, For more information, give me a call or e-mail, and I will schedule a phone consultation or personal meeting. I hope to be of help to you.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
There is no waiting period after marriage when a US citizen can petition and file immigration paperwork. You can do it the same day you got your marriage certificate. You should also make sure that your spouse is eligible for immigration, notwithstanding the marriage. For example, your spouse should have entered the United States legally.
No, it can be done immediately after marriage, usually.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.