How is job abandonment legally defined in Georgia? Posted on May 11, 2011

I have two jobs. On Mon. morning 5/9 I left my first job and I went to the ER for severe chest pains. I tried to call out for the 2nd job after I got home because I was really tired but no one would work for me so I had to go to work. While at work the pains got worse and I was having problems doing my job functions and ended up going back at the ER. Before leaving work I tried to find one supervisor but he was nowhere to be found and because he and I don't really get along, I didn't want to cause any confusion and I wanted to wait until he returned before leaving. Another manager insisted I go. She said that everything was taken care of and told me to leave. When I got to my 2nd job Tues. afternoon, my asst. General Mgr was outside waiting for me. He asked me what happened I told him the exact same story and he said I was being terminated because of job abandonment. Is this job abandonment?