How is job abandonment legally defined? 3 Answers as of September 11, 2015

I have two jobs. On Mon. morning 5/9 I left my first job and I went to the ER for severe chest pains. I tried to call out for the 2nd job after I got home because I was really tired but no one would work for me so I had to go to work. While at work the pains got worse and I was having problems doing my job functions and ended up going back at the ER. Before leaving work I tried to find one supervisor but he was nowhere to be found and because he and I don't really get along, I didn't want to cause any confusion and I wanted to wait until he returned before leaving. Another manager insisted I go. She said that everything was taken care of and told me to leave. When I got to my 2nd job Tues. afternoon, my asst. General Mgr. was outside waiting for me. He asked me what happened I told him the exact same story and he said I was being terminated because of job abandonment. Is this job abandonment?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
There is no legal definition. The company defines it. Normally it is 3 days. However, MS is an employment at will State, which means that the employer controls the situation.
Behren Law Firm
Behren Law Firm | Scott Behren
Maybe not job abandonment. What was your medical condition?
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
Job abandonment is not term that is defined in any law that I know of. Generally, each employer may define it as they wish.