How I can go about getting my husband from ICE? 1 Answers as of March 14, 2017

He was caught drinking and driving. I was able to pay the bond for my husband so ICE would have 48 hours to come get him. Of course, ICE didn't show in that time period but they showed 59 hours later. They have him now and he has been moved several times. He does not have a criminal record that I know of, but he has been deported like 12 years ago. Is there any way I could try to get a bond for him without trying to hire an attorney?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
It will be up to ICE to determine whether or not your husband will get a bond. If they decide that he is a mandatory detainee, then he will need a bond hearing before an immigration judge. You state that your husband was deported 12 years ago. Why was he deported, how did he re-enter the U.S. and what is his current immigration status? If he is undocumented, he most likely will not get a bond. What he needs is an immigration attorney experienced in removal proceedings to help him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/14/2017
Click to View More Answers: