How I can file for child support from noncustodial parent? 7 Answers as of July 01, 2015

I'm a custodial parent outside the United States, and need to know how I can file for child support from noncustodial parent? I have a one year old daughter whose father, an American citizen relocated to another state, failed to meet any obligations to his daughter. Can I file for child support services in the United States?

Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
Yes, in the state in which her father resides, you can seek a support order. You may be forced to deal with a request for parenting time because of it.
I believe you can file in the US. Your best bet is to locate an experienced family law attorney in the county where the father now resides. You can also try to contact directly the Agency sometimes called IV-D ('Four-dee') in that county. They help enforce support orders.
David A. Browde, P.C.
David A. Browde, P.C. | David Browde
If the NCP is a resident of the United States you can file in the state of that parent's residence.
First are you a citizen of the country you now live in? If so the next step is to find out if they have signed the Hague treaty, if they have you most likely can file there and have it enforced in the U.S. you really should retain counsel.
Generally yes, in the state of his residence.
    Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
    Yes in the state that awarded custody. If there was no legal case in the US and you have "custody" simply because you have the child with you, a US court may lack jurisdiction if you've been out of the country for more than 6 months. The country you are in would have jurisdiction, but enforcement will be difficult.
    Peggy M. Raddatz
    Peggy M. Raddatz | Peggy M. Raddatz
    Yes. You need to retain counsel in the state he resides in and file for divorce.