How does a visa overstay affect my application? 3 Answers as of June 07, 2011

How will an overstay of 1 day on a holiday visa effect my k4 application?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
The worst case scenario effect is always a denial of the service requested, but I don't really think that it would affect you much. However these days you never know. If you are concerned about it then prepare a good explanation as to you were forced to overstay that one day. When leaving the US, there is normally a grace period under which a person who has had some mishap can use in departing the US so long as they depart at the 1st earliest opportunity. It sounds to me like you did. I don't think much will come of this, especially since you are not the principal beneficiary. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
As a K-4 child of a K-3, you need to apply for the visa for entry. You must disclose the overstay and explain the circumstances. As you did not overstay beyond 180 days, there should not be a significant problem in visa issuance. Please contact me to discuss the details of your case. Thank you.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/6/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
You need to leave the US as soon as you can. One day overstay does not trigger a 3-10 year bar and will probably not impact the immigrant visa case. I would recommend that you do not attempt to enter the US again until you have the immigrant visa.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: