How does a visa overstay affect my application? 3 Answers as of June 07, 2011

How will an overstay of 1 day on a holiday visa effect my k4 application?

The worst case scenario effect is always a denial of the service requested, but I don't really think that it would affect you much. However these days you never know. If you are concerned about it then prepare a good explanation as to you were forced to overstay that one day. When leaving the US, there is normally a grace period under which a person who has had some mishap can use in departing the US so long as they depart at the 1st earliest opportunity. It sounds to me like you did. I don't think much will come of this, especially since you are not the principal beneficiary. Good luck!
As a K-4 child of a K-3, you need to apply for the visa for entry. You must disclose the overstay and explain the circumstances. As you did not overstay beyond 180 days, there should not be a significant problem in visa issuance. Please contact me to discuss the details of your case. Thank you.
You need to leave the US as soon as you can. One day overstay does not trigger a 3-10 year bar and will probably not impact the immigrant visa case. I would recommend that you do not attempt to enter the US again until you have the immigrant visa.