How does someone take you to civil court to get a vehicle returned? 1 Answers as of September 28, 2016

The mother gave permission to the daughter and she's been driving it for almost 2 years. The police couldn't do anything. They said to take it to civil court. What do you have to prepare to do that and do you need an attorney?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
This is easy to answer but difficult to complete. Yes, a person can always represent himself/herself. It's done all the time. The problem is when the reason for the representation concerns valuable rights or interests the old axiom proves true. The lawyer/person who represents himself has a fool for a client. A lawsuit for the return of property is a called a replevin action.. If you know how to prepare documents and know which ones to present to a judge, then you can represent yourself. In most replevin actions, you will have to post a bond also. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 9/28/2016
Click to View More Answers: