How does one fight a DUI in a different state? 12 Answers as of June 04, 2015

My BAC was 0.07, so I would like to fight it, but I do not know anything about the laws. Will I have to go there to fight it, or is there a way to do it from here? I was not driving erratically or anything, and I was only pulled over because I forgot to turn my lights on when I got in the car (it was a really short drive back to the hotel). Should I bother trying to fight it?

Only a lawyer licensed to practise in the state where the arrest occurred can advise you. The laws differ state by state. So find a lawyer in that state.
You will have to go to the state and fight it. If you are convicted in whatever state, the conviction will follow you to this state.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Yes, you definitely should fight it because a DUI conviction in another state will be reported back to your home state and your license will be revoked. Hire a DUI attorney who practices in the city or county where you received the out-of-state DUI.
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
Hire a DUI attorney from the state where you are fighting the charge. Good luck.
You need to consult with an attorney in the state where you received your DUI and will have to back to that state to fight it.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    Yes you should try to defend the charge and you can only defend in the state of the offense.
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court. Otherwise a warrant will be issued for your arrest. A lawyer handle the entire case without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor.
    Yes. Hire an attorney and do everything possible to keep this off your record.
    Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
    You MUST hire a lawyer in that state - and ASAP because of potential issues with your driver's license. (If you are suspended there, you will be suspended here.) You will likely have to go there to address the charge.
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    You will need to get an attorney in the state where you were arrested to defend the case.
    You retain an attorney, and get ready to travel back for jury trial.