How does inquiry to MAVNI program affect my F1 status? 1 Answers as of September 30, 2014

I am currently a F-1 student in US ( still have 1 year to graduate )and I recently came to know about Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest program(MAVNI) under US army, which allow legal non-resident alien to be a US citizen. I then inquired about it online. Two days later, I got a call from the army recruiter, during the conversation with him. I learned that I am not qualified for the program and then I do not begin the enlistment process. However, I provide some basic information regarding with my passport and I-20, I -94 forms. Here is the situation: I decide to go back to my own country to renew my F-1 visa during the winter break. Is there any chance that the visa officer in the US Consulate know I am interested in MAVNI program and deny my F-1 visa? After all, I have an immigrant intent, because I want to join the US army to get a citizenship.

It definitely is possible if Homeland was notified. But I doubt that the recruiting office will be organized enough to pass the info through to Homeland. Besides you have no choice. If you stay without a visa, you will be ruining your chances of ever immigrating.