How do you successfully appeal a child custody ruling? Posted on November 06, 2010

My parents have been divorced for years. At first, we all lived with my mom, but soon after the divorce, she started to change. She would verbally abuse me and eventually she beat me as well. I ended up living with my dad while my younger sister and much younger brothers stayed with my mom. My dad and I recently went to court to try to get my brothers out. I told them about how my mom abused me, but my sister is too afraid of both my parents to back me up, and the court ruled that my brothers would stay with my mom. I am really worried about them. They are too young to understand a lot of what goes on there, and I do not want them growing up in an environment where they feel afraid. Our lawyer obviously was not good enough to solve this, so what can I do to get my brothers out?