How do you remove points off your MVR and does a judge have to order it? 2 Answers as of November 04, 2015

I live in California and I had a DUI in 2010 with a bac of 0.8+ I had it reduced to a misdemeanor and completed all necessary things to get my licensed back. My SR-22 is done in January 2016.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You can't remove points; they trail off automatically over time. What you can do is expungement.. You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/4/2015
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
Points are only counted in three year increments so, for example, if you got a speeding ticket this morning, and were convicted of it, any points between 11/5/12 and 11/4/15 will count toward a possible "negligent operator" point suspension. 4 points in one year, 6 points in two years or 8 points in three years. I'm guessing that your question relates to clearing the DUI conviction from your driving record, short answer, you can't.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/4/2015
Click to View More Answers: