How do you prove abandonment and adopt your niece in Washington state? 1 Answers as of May 26, 2011

I have had my niece for almost four years now without her mother and unknown father providing any support in any way. The mother moved out of state. Would this constitute abandonment? And what steps would I take to adopt her?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Beresford Booth PLLC
Beresford Booth PLLC | S. Scott Burkhalter
In Washington State, you should commence third party/nonparental custody proceedings.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: