How do you get misdemeanors expunged off your record and how much would that cost ? 5 Answers as of July 01, 2013

All cases are closed, no more probation.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
If you have convictions for certain types of misdemeanors, they can be expunged after 10 years of good behavior (meaning you have had no other misdemeanors or felonies during the 10-year period). However, you mention probation, so it sounds like you received an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence), which would mean that you never received a conviction. If you were arrested and you're trying to get the record of the arrest expunged, that is only possible in situations where the person was arrested based on false information and no subsequent charges were ever filed, which does not seem to fit your situation.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 7/1/2013
The Cross Firm, P.C.
The Cross Firm, P.C. | Leslie Warren Cross, Jr.
If you plead guilty or non-contest, you will not qualify for expunctions. On the other hand, if the charges were dropped or you were acquitted/found non-guilty, then you can qualify to have the misdemeanor expunged. I would advise seeking the advice of an experienced attorney.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/1/2013
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
If 5 years has passed since the charge you can do this yourself by calling the Probation Department where the charges were brought. They should be able to provide you with a few forms to fill out and assist you in completing them. If it has not been five (5) years, then you need to appeal to the court where the charges were arraigned and disposed. The fee can vary depending on how many courts we are involved with and where those courts are located.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 7/1/2013
TAMBASCO & ASSOCIATES, P.C. Attorneys at Law | R. Tambasco
This is new ground in Indiana as the law allowing such became effective today. Depending on the number of arrests/convictions and type it could be as little as $700 and up.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 7/1/2013
The Lariscy Law Firm, PC
The Lariscy Law Firm, PC | Joseph E. Lariscy, III
It depends on how you plead to the charge. Did you complete a pretrial program, or did you plead guilty? Obtain a copy of your criminal history report and contact a local expungement lawyer to see if the charges on your record qualify for expungement.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/1/2013
Click to View More Answers: