How do you get a legal name change after divorce? Posted on July 28, 2011

My grandma wants her name changed to her late husband’s name, so she went to the social security and had no problem changing her name. Then she went to the highway department to change her name, but they said if it wasn’t in the divorce papers she couldn’t. Does she have to go to court and get a lawyer to get her name changed and if so how much would it cost her?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: