How do we sue the roadside assistance company for emotional distress and their negligence in handling our situation? 1 Answers as of December 08, 2015

My mother, my niece and I were driving for Thanksgiving and our car broke down, resulting in a minor accident where we swerved off of the road while exiting (the steering went out, and our car drove up a hill). This happened at roughly 10pm. We called a roadside assistance, and they sent us a tow truck. We spent much time on the phone and on hold with them trying to determine a place to take our car, where we could also get a rental car, as we were several hours away from home and several hours from our destination. Finally, they determined that we could take the car to a dealership, as the airport would be the nearest location that we could get a rental car. When the tow truck driver took us there, the car dealership that they sent us there was simply an empty parking lot, with no car dealership, so we continued driving down the road to a burger joint that was lit up so we could call them back to see where they wanted the tow truck driver to take us. We were on the phone on hold with them for over 30 minutes, and by this time, it was after 1 am and we were in a very unsafe looking area, but the driver would not take us anywhere until they authorized it, as they were handling the tow bill. As we finally got an agent on the phone, two men approached the tow truck, with guns pointed at us. Fortunately, the tow truck driver was able to drive away before any of us were hurt, or worse. We are all very stressed and panicked, as we literally could have been killed as a result of their negligence in handling our situation. We never should have been in the area that we were, especially at that hour.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
You are very lucky, it sounds like. You could sue them in Small Claims yourself. You might want to consult a lawyer, though. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 12/8/2015
Click to View More Answers: