How do we protect my boyfriend, stepdaughter, soon to be new baby and I from his ex-wife? 1 Answers as of March 27, 2017

My boyfriend’s ex-wife is currently in prison for conspiracy of attempted murder for hire. She pled no contest and was sentenced to 3 years in women’s prison. It was a felony charge of domestic violence with a strike. We just heard she is up for house arrest in April. They share a daughter together but when she was arrested my boyfriend was granted full physical and legal custody with no visitation until further court hearing. We have started trying to get pregnant and are scared when she gets out she will try it again. What can we do to protect all of us and our unborn child?

The best remedy would be to retain the services of an experienced family law attorney that you can work with as you journey through this very difficult time. Please keep in mind that your boyfriends ex will probably have some kind of parole or probation requirements that she will undergo and any violation of that could send her back to jail.