How do we go through the immigration process and marriage? 5 Answers as of June 11, 2013

Is there a way to hire an immigration lawyer, to guide my husband and I (foreigner) on the process of getting married? He is enlisted in the army right now, and deployed, and I am from Guatemala, so we need someone to help us through this process. Please let me know if there is a chance that we can hire someone to help us.
Thank you!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
Yes, you can contact me directly, if you like, and I can guide you through the process, if you like.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/11/2013
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
Yes, all immigration attorneys should be able to guide you and your husband through the adjustment of status process. Please ensure your prospective attorney is licensed to practice law (search on, can speak Spanish if you are more comfortable in your native language, and they have helped other couples obtain green cards. Please review my website to verify these facts and call my office for a consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/17/2010
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
I can help. I am an immigration attorney. The million dollar question is whether you entered the United States with inspection when you first entered the U.S. If you did enter with inspection (visa or I-94 available), then you will get a green card. If you entered without inspection by crossing the border illegally, then you will not be able to apply for the green card through marriage in the United States and must be processed from your home country. If you need more help, give me a call or email me.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/17/2010
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
I would be happy to help. The short answer for what you need is, there most certainly is the potential for you to get legal residency. I would have to know much more about your case, but I can certainly help arrange a telephonic consultation for you, if you want, or one done in person, if you live in the greater Los Angeles area. Your husband has certain advantages in obtaining legal residency status for himself and his family that the rest of the population do not have. He can even get fast track to citizenship that can be beneficial for yourself as well as any children you may have. I look forward to hearing from you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/12/2010
Click to View More Answers: