How do we get rid of my brother in-laws liened car in our drive way? 2 Answers as of June 23, 2011

My husband's brother owes money for child support and he has his broken down car on our property. He says he has a lien against it so he can't donate it or sell/scrap it. How can we help facilitate the removal of the car without incurring more cost? I can't find anywhere written about laws for liened vehicles.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Andersen Law PLLC
Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
Your question is not a criminal law question. It is essentially a Family Law question. What I would do is contact DSHS and let them know where the vehicle is. If they don't want it, they may release their lien. If nothing else, have it towed to the brother-in-law's house and sue him for the tow bill. While you're at it ask him why he is so freaking irresponsible.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/23/2011
Law Office of Andrew Subin
Law Office of Andrew Subin | Andrew Subin
If its not yours, and you want it off your property, have it towed.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/23/2011
Click to View More Answers: