How do we get a power of attorney if she had a stroke and cannot sign? 1 Answers as of June 18, 2015

I have power of attorney (medical). My husband and I have medical power of attorney for his mother before we could get power of attorney for everything else.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of David L. Leon
The Law Office of David L. Leon | David L. Leon
If the stroke affected the mental capacity, such that she can't sign, she cannot execute a power of attorney. You'll need to file for a guardianship. If she still have full mental acuity, but cannot use her hands, you can still get a power of attorney executed.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/18/2015
Click to View More Answers: