How do we get out of a lease clean and get my deposit back? Posted on June 28, 2011

Hi, my family and me just move 3 weeks ago. We rent this duplex with everything included except the electricity. Well since the day we move 06/16/2011, the a/c unit freezes all the time every 3 hours we have to turned off and wait for it to unfroze to turn it back on. Now the unit stopped working completely. The shower head in one bathroom does not work, the hold unit was not clean at all, vacuum, windows, appliances, etc. I have call the landlord so many times, they never answer the phone and have never call me back I left so many messages then I can't left anymore, the maintenance lady says the they can’t do anything about it only send the a/c guy to fix it but the unit will blow for 2 hours and will stop after and won’t work anymore, so is obvious they don’t care, even the a/c guy told me over the phone that the owner says he doesn’t care as long as the unit blows I don’t care, is incredible, only because he doesn’t care, having kids living like this is ridiculous. I don’t want pay my rent and I have talk to a couple lawyers, and what they charge is crazy. I can’t afford to pay one, but I need a clean way out off this property. Thanks for your help we can’t live in 95 digress with out a/c.