How do we get a no contact order lifted? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

I live in Minnesota; there was an event that happened back in December. My best friend/boyfriend was arrested and a no contact order or order for protection was placed so he cannot contact me. The case is still open and I think the next court dates is end of august. I want to talk 2 him; how can I get this taking off if the judge placed it and what are my chances. He has another no contact in. Place with a different girl he didn't hit me or beat me

There are many different types of no contact orders. An Order for Protection is a civil order commenced when a person files a petition alleging that abuse has occurred. Once a restraining Order enters, the Petitioner must file a Motion to modify the no contact provisions. A DANCO, Domestic Abuse No Contact Order, is issued when someone is criminally charged with a domestic assault. Only a Defendant may seek to have the no contact order lifted, and the court must consider the evidence before agreeing to lift that order. This will no laways occur even when the victim makes such a request in support of the defendant's motion.