How do we get hold of said property if we've had others read will and confirm this? 3 Answers as of August 19, 2015

My uncle passed. My cousin is the executor of the estate. We found that funds has been disbursed but nothing has been disbursed to the heirs. We know that we are entitled to the property but we don't know what to do next.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
Check the court where death occurred and get the case number. From that, get the court file and you can see what's been done. You may need to retain an estate lawyer to enforce your rights by filing a petition to remove the cousin.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/19/2015
Law Office Of Victor Waid
Law Office Of Victor Waid | Victor Waid
Obtain the services of a probate lawyer to represent you as a beneficiary of the estate.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/18/2015
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
The executor has very little actual power and can not distribute funds. Talk to your cousin and find out why he is acting as he is. If he will not co-operate, file suit in Probate Court where your uncle lived and the Court will appoint an administrator to handle the Will and distribution.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/18/2015
Click to View More Answers: