How do we get further information on my husbands green card status? 3 Answers as of March 28, 2011

My husband and I have been married 6 years. I sponsored him for his green card immediately as I am a U.S. Citizen. There was an amendment that needed to be taken care of after the interview which was submitted. We have heard NOTHING else and no green card or explanation of what is going on?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Contact the district or other regional office where the paperwork was submitted with a request for status report. You may also be able to get a status report by logging onto the USCIS Web site.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 3/28/2011
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Make an Infopass and follow up to the local USCIS office where your paperwork was submitted. Bring proof that the documents were submitted, such as the confirmation from FedEx or the post office. Bring a copy of any submitted documents. Sometimes, the USCIS lose the documents, it gets into one end of the building and never reaches the correct file, or the USCIS just sits on it. Making a follow up in person will help you discover what went wrong, if anything.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/28/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
It's unclear from your email how long has passed since the interview, but if more than 1 year I would suspect there is some problem, and maybe even the case was denied and you did not get the decision.You should do an INFOPASS to follow up on the status of his application. You can make an appointment online by going to and following the instruction to make an INFOPASS. There the officer can check on the status of your husband's application.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: