How do we get a fiancee visa? 17 Answers as of July 15, 2013

I met a beautiful lady that has a regular office job in Cebu, Philippines and we want to get engaged. I am a retired law officer. How do I get her a fiancee visa to come here? Where do we go to get a Visa for her? She's still in Cebu. Thanks.

If you have met in person, you can petition for her as your fiance. The process will take about 9-12 months.
You need to petition for her to receive a fiance visa. After this petition is approved, she will request a visa.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
To sponsor your girlfriend for a fiancee visa, you will need to submit a petition on form I-129F to USCIS along with evidence of your citizenship, evidence that you have met her in-person within the last 2 years, evidence of good faith intention to get married within 90 days after she arrives in the US and to start a life together, and copies of all your and your fiancee's divorce decrees. The evidence can include, but is not limited to, copies of boarding passes, airline ticket stubs, flight itineraries, photos, entry/exit stamps, receipts, birth certificates, phone records, wire transfers, letters, emails, cards, etc.
You begin with an I-129F fiance petition on her behalf (K-1 status). You combine them with supporting documents, and other forms, but they can be filed with USCIS. After 4-6 months, you should have your petition approved, followed by the document file forwarded to the U.S. State Department and sent on to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. Your fiance will have an interview there, and if all is in order with her file, she will be given an entry visa into the U.S. You must marry within 90 days, following which you may apply with her for adjustment of status (her green card).
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
You will file a Form I-129F fiancee petition with USCIS. If approved, she will be given a K-1 visa to enter the US for 90 days. Before the end of the 90 days, you must marry your fiance and file a Form I-485 green card application for her or else, she must return to Cebu if you do not marry There are a number of issues that are involved with the fiance visa process and so.
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
    You have to petition for fiance visa, it take about 6 months to get it approved here in the US and then the file goes to the US consulate in her country and she will be called for an interview before the visa is given.
    Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
    Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
    You can file Form I-129F visa petition for her. The forms and the instructions are under "Forms" tab on the uscis.gov Processing of the application will take about a year. After your lady friend comes to the U.S., you will have 90 days to decide whether you two want to get married. She will not be authorized to work during these 90 days, and should not accept employment. If you do get married, you will then file a packet of documents asking the government to give your wife a green card. If everything will be done right, your wife would get a permission to work in about 90 days, and a green card in about 8-12 months. The first green card will be valid for 2 years, and will be conditioned on continued validity of your marriage: if the marriage fails, the lady will lose her status. Otherwise, you will petition the government for removal of conditions. Again, if everything will be done right, your wife will receive a permanent green card 2 years after the first green card was issued (and will be free to leave you without losing her green card). If she remains your wife for 3 years, she can become a U.S. citizen around the 3rd anniversary of the date of issue of her first green card.
    Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
    You must first file an I-129F petition with USCIS. After that is approved, the file goes to the National Visa Center where they will review it and instruct the US Consul in Manila to send your fiance a visa package. The use of an immigration attorney would help the process.
    Vladimir Parizher
    Vladimir Parizher | Vladimir Parizher
    Invite her on fiancee visa. You would have 90 days to make up your decision. Within those 90 days, you'd have to marry her and then petition on I-130 with all other forms. If you do not know where to start, you would be much better off consulting immigration attorney. It should not cost you much and as a retired law officer, you probably can afford it.
    Roberts Immigration Law Office, Ltd. | Susan M. Roberts
    First of all, congratulations on your upcoming engagement! To obtain a fiance visa, you must file a petition with USCIS. That is the first step in the process. The petition requires supporting evidence, including statements from each of you that your relationship has progressed to the point where you both intend to get married. Assuming the petition is approved, the file is then transferred to the Philippines, where you fiance will apply for her fiance visa. That is the second step in the process. If her visa application is approved, she can travel to the U.S. The fiance visa requires that you and your fiance marry within the first 90 days of her arrival in the U.S Once you are married,?she can file an application to become a permanent resident. She will initially be granted a two-year period of conditional permanent residence, becuase your marriage is less than 2 years old.? She will be eligible for citizenship after 3 years of status as a permanent resident.
    Herrera & Juelle LLP | Carlos Juelle
    Go into the USCIS website and look at form 129F. The instructions will tell you what you need to do to get the fiance petition started.
    Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
    Have you physically met her within the past 2 years? If so, the go to www.uscis.gov website & complete an I-129F petition. Download and follow the instructions. If you have only met on-line then you will need to go to the Philippines & meet her before you are eligible to file.
    Ben T. Liu Law Office
    Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
    If you are a citizen and have met face to face within the last 2 years, you can file I-129 for a K1 visa for her.
    The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler
    The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler | Kevin Lawrence Dixler
    You must have proof that you met her to the satisfaction of the USCIS. The fiance visa process with both USCIS and State Department processing can take nearly a year. It can also get complicated at times depending upon the facts. Immigration law is civil law, so violations and grounds to bar admission require less than criminal conviction and merely acts that the consular officials reasonably believe disqualify. There is little review once a consular official makes an adverse decision.
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
    The first step is filing Form I-129F with supporting documentation. The entire process takes about 9 months from start to finish. I would recommend getting married over there instead. It takes about the same amount of time, but she will enter the US with a green card.
    Nossa Law Office
    Nossa Law Office | Pablo H Nossa
    Start by looking into the I-129f
    Law Office of Bill Travis Klein
    Law Office of Bill Travis Klein | Bill T. Klein
    She would apply for the visa at the U.S. Consulate in the Philippines. However there are several other steps that you have to do before she can apply such as submitting a petition for her. There are other options available as well. Consult with an Immigration Attorney who can explain the process and the options available based on your situation.