How do we continue to his green card after the I130 was approved? 1 Answers as of September 15, 2014

My stepfather is battling an immigration case currently. His situation is quite difficult. My stepfather’s case was closed in 2011 and he was in proceeding for deportation. At the same time, he met my mother and they hit it off. They were married in 2012. He moved where he later applied for immigration through my mother. Just this year, he was approved for the I-130, but they could not continue with his green card proceedings because the case in another state was closed and after several attempts, they refuse to re-open his case and have it transferred here. We are not sure what to do here anymore and ask for any advice. Thank you.

More information is needed to answer your question. You really need to consult an experienced immigration attorney.